The wire works
The EL FOULADH wire mill began production in 1971 with a capacity of 12,000 tonnes / year of wire products. Since its creation, the adopted strategy is to invest in the know-how, the development of new products and the acquisition of the machines of new generations. Currently its capacity exceeds 30,000 tons / year.
Throughout this period, the wire drawing industry has actively participated in the development of the Tunisian industrial fabric, providing processing companies with semi-finished wire products, and putting at their disposal the experience of its engineers in the field.
The products of EL FOULADH wire mill are manufactured in accordance with international standards and the special technical specifications of users in the industrial and agricultural sectors.
On June 24, 2016, Elfouladh Wire Works successfully passed the certification of its quality management system in accordance with the international ISO 9001 version 2015 standard, thus becoming one of the first Tunisian state-owned companies to obtain this certification.
The main production workshops are:
- Surface treatment workshop.
- Wire drawing workshop with 20 dry and wet wire drawing machines.
- Galvanization workshop of hot wires.
- Thermal treatment workshop for annealed wire.
- PCWire prestressed wire standardization workshop.
- Packaging workshop of the different products in accordance with the request.
The main products are:
- Normal bright drawn wire intended for the manufacture of: Nails, points, electrodes, welded wire mesh … Special bright drawn wire intended for the manufacture of: screws, bolts, chains …
- Annealed wire for fasteners used for ligating concrete reinforcing bars and industrial applications …
- Pickled Annealing Wire for Fodder Bunching,
- Galvanized wire for grilling, vine trellising, greenhouses and barbed wire …
- Reinforced galvanized wire for hooks, pitons, staples, paper clips, gabions and brushes …
- Prestressed wire for pipes, pylons, and concrete beams,
- Spring wire for mattress and mechanical springs …
- Copper wire for welding under CO2.